March 9, 2012

The Ex-Mrs. Hedgefund

The Ex-Mrs. Hedgefund by Jill Kargman
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this even though my copy was of the uncorrected proofs that an editor donated to The Friends of the Library. Despite there being many, many typos (which made me feel better about my own writing) the story novel was about a stay at home mom named Holly and her experience of going from a hedge fund wife to a divorcee and rebuilding her life on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. The novel is a decent caricature of the hedge fund lifestyle and pretty hilarious at times as Holly maneuvers life as a single woman in New York. I'm definitely going to try and find another one of her novels that isn't an editors copy in order to fully appreciate the author's writings but I would recommend this novel to anyone who wants a light and comical read.

No comments:

Post a Comment